Pages


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This Little Piggy had a Burger

About the chain of events above:  Last Friday I found out via the wonderful people at @winedanddined about an insane deal they were doing at Flip in Bloomingdale's.  All you had to do was text #89800 and put "FLIP2" in the body, and BINGO, you received a text back giving you a coupon for a free burger.  If you're not familiar with Flip, their burgers aren't cheap.  They pretty much range from $16-$23, which if you ask me, is a lot for a burger.  Anyways, I'm not a huge burger person to begin with, but I felt it was my blogging duty to take advantage of this opportunity.  My friend and I went during lunch and both ordered the Benedict Burger ( american-bred wagyu beef with canadian bacon, ultra-melted american cheese sauce and a fried egg grilled pattie-style on organic ny rye bread) for $23, which also came with steak fries.  The burger was alright, although a little dry, but you couldn't beat the price.  2 Burgers + 2 drinks = $6.50 (see receipt).  Pretty incredible.  Oink oink!

ps.  While I didn't love the burger, I am now obsessed with their mayo that I asked for to go with my fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment