Pages


Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Salty Pistachio Caramel soft serve with a little side of fluff



My apologies for the fluff, i.e., this beautiful picture of the tulips on Park Avenue, but they were just too lovely to pass up, so I figured, what the heck, I'd include them for your viewing pleasure.  I mean, they did give me the urge to get out of the office and make my way over to Milk Bar Midtown for a little soft serve.  Clearly, you can see how that could have happened by the similarity in the pictures. They currently have two flavors, Salty Pistachio Caramel and Cereal Milk.  I went with the Pistachio and was pleasantly surprised with its delicious salty and sweet flavor, but as has been the case with all the soft serves I've tried, I was only able to make it through half of the cup before I was sort of over it.  What's the deal with that?  The perfect way to describe it is with a Spanish word, "enpalagada", which more or less means too much flavor.  I typically use it to describe sweet things that you've just had enough of, like a chocolate brownie sunday, or in this case, the Milk Bar soft serve.  They're perfect for sharing though!

Heads Up: The flavors are changing at the EV location tomorrow, April 21st. AdiĆ³s Red Velvet and Cream Cheese Frosting swirl, which didn't taste like Red Velvet at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment