Pages


Thursday, April 22, 2010

Having your cake & eating it too!


So they say you can't have your cake and eat it too, and usually that is true.  Except, when there is a birthday here at work and someone grabs a cake at Junior's in Grand CentralI'm not a huge sweets person, and unless it is Red Velvet Cake, I usually opt out of the sugar experience.  But, for the sake of the post, I felt it was my duty to try the Carrot Cake that was brought in yesterday.  Though it wasn't bad, I'm not sure it was worth the calories.  Others seemed to enjoy it, though, so maybe it's just me not having a sweet tooth.  Who knows, but I found it a little dry and the frosting a little too sweet.  I thought maybe it was cream cheese frosting, which I love, but Felicia claims the pictures look more like butter cream, so maybe that was the case.  Either way, I definitely didn't need two pieces.  Maybe it was a blessing in disguise...

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree on all counts. Next time, let's celebrate with liquid.

    ReplyDelete