Pages


Tuesday, December 22, 2009

This Little Piggy stays warm in the Crocodile Lounge

Although it's nice to stay inside in a cozy apartment when there is a blizzard outside, I didn't want to miss the snow.  I headed out to meet a friend for a drink near his apartment at the Crocodile Lounge (E. 14th between 1st and 2nd).  I'd never been before and it felt like I had just been transported out of NYC to some random hole-in-the-wall bar in the middle of nowhere.  Mind you, the streets were completely white, as was everything else in site, so it already felt different than your normal Saturday evening in Manhattan.


I walked down into a dark bar and grabbed a seat while I waited for my friend.  The place was oddly cozy, uncrowded (though, I heard it is usually much busier) and the perfect place to have a casual drink.  I was pleased to see they had Harpoon Winter Warmer on tap and even happier when it was only $5.  I was asked if I wanted a pizza and politely declined; shocking, but I wasn't hungry.  Come to find out, that's their thing.  Evidently you get a personal cheese pie with every drink.  Lucky for me, it wasn't too late and we ordered one with my friend's drink.  This seemed like an Insane deal!  A beer and a pizza for $5?!  The pizza wasn't even bad, especially when loaded up with parm and chili flakes. 


Also exciting was that they have Skee Ball, Big Buck Hunter Safari, a photo booth and some bowling video game (like Golden Tee for bowling) that you can actually win money from.I may have just found a new favorite place! 

I definitely will be back for the pizza, beer and skee ball, not to mention it beats crossing the river to their sister restaurant, the Alligator Lounge, in Williamsburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment