Pages


Wednesday, December 23, 2009

This Little Piggy ponders "The rise of the kitchen bitch"

I found The rise of the kitchen bitch., an article published last week on doublex.com, extremely interesting.  It reminded me of a question someone asked Batali and Chang at The Strand about a month ago.  I can't remember their question verbatim, but it dealt with the woman's place in the kitchen.  I remember Chang stated that while he has no problem with women joining his team, at times it causes some issues, merely due to strength and how much a woman can lift versus a man.  Similarly, Batali claimed he also did not have any concerns with women in the kitchen, noting that they often times add a delicate touch to the pasta that a male chef cannot.  That being said, it does seem that many of the big name chefs these days do tend to be men, which is sort of strange (though not bad at all), considering that traditionally women tended to be the leader of the kitchen.  Anyways, I thought I'd include this article, which elaborates on the topic.  Please feel free to add your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment