Pages


Thursday, May 6, 2010

This Little Piggy celebrates Cinco de Mayo!

I'm not quite sure why, but I was in a FANTASTIC mood yesterday.  I literally think I laughed more yesterday than I have in the past couple years combined.  It was as if someone gave me laughing pills.  It was pretty amazing.  Additionally, it was Cinco de Mayo, which I decided was one of the best holidays ever.  Mind you I thought I was Mexican for about 1/2 my life, I mean, I grew up in San Diego... what do you expect?!  Anyways, a small group of family and friends decided we would celebrate at Meade's in the South Street Seaport.  I know, I know... you're probably thinking this is one of those tourist joints that sits out on the pier selling frozen/fried crab cake sandwiches and watered-down margaritas.  You'd be wrong.


Meade's is a quaint little joint on the corner of Peck Slip and Water Street.  Definitely what you would call a "neighborhood bar".  I usually go there for brunch on Saturdays because they A. allow dogs inside, and B. have a drink special.  They also have a bunch of board games and Jenga, which is pretty exciting!  Did I mention that the people who work there rock as well?!  I am by no means saying the food is something to travel downtown for, but some of their items, mainly the quesadilla and guacamole, are pretty darn delicious.  Last night they had a fiesta with a bunch of Mexican items that are typically not on the menu.  They sold out of the taquitos within hours, though they saved me a plate (see above, apologies for the quality, my fabulous friend Felicia too it from her iphone).  They were incredible and reminded me of home.


Until next year... Feliz Cinco de Mayo!  (ay ay ay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment