Pages


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bloomberg.com: News

Ok ok, so I know back on March 23rd I blogged about how wonderful the brunch at Pulino's was.  Additionally, I hope you have learned over the course of the past 6 or so months that I have a tough time saying bad things about people and places.  So yes, the brunch experience I had was delightful.  The food was good, our waitress was pleasant, and after three cocktails I was in a pretty swell mood.  That aside, I would never wait in line there.  It may just be that I am not huge on pizza, but I just don't see the draw.  I mean at the end of the day, to me pizza is pizza.  Sure, I love Motorino.  I also really enjoyed Keste, but ultimately, I am not going to wait in line for any of them.  Furthermore, I will say I found Pulino's to be a little pricey for what it was.  I guess combined we had about 5 or 6 drinks, but still for one pizza it came to over $100 for two people. 

Something else that irks me is how it is negatively affecting the other businesses in the area.  Bill's, or whatever that antique place is called, wasn't too pleased in a recent article, and now Cafe Colonial has finally shuttered due to the increased rent.

Anyways, the point of this post is to shine light on Ray Sutton's recent review on Bloomberg.  Basically, he says what I am too nice to put in print.
"Chef Nate Appleman’s Left Coast, arugula noodlings just miss the target. His boss, restaurateur Keith McNally, can’t win them all."
While he really elaborates on all that is wrong with Pulino's and my post basically screams their praise, I must say, I am so sick of hearing about Pulino's that I must second Sutton's opinion and retract most of what was said in my initial review.  Sorry for the disappointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment