Pages


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saturday Cocktails @ The River Cafe


Last Saturday, after a delightful walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, me and Ellie ("frenchie" visiting me) enjoyed some delicious cocktails at the River Cafe.  I had heard wonderful things about this Brooklyn Heights resto that sits perfectly under the bridge along the East River, but granted I've only been to Brooklyn a handful of times, its not shocking that I hadn't been before.  Basically, the afternoon was perfect... the weather, absolutely beautiful and the drinks, delicious.  Larry, the wonderful bartender, took excellent care of us, bringing us scrumptious samples of strawberry smoothies and other beverages, along with my slightly spicy Bloody Mary and Ellie's Bellini.  Though we didn't eat, both the brunch and dinner menus looked fantastic.  I was also told that they have a pianist who performs nightly.  The entire combination of a lovely view, live piano music and an exquisite meal is something I hope to experience soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment