Pages


Thursday, March 4, 2010

BREAKING NEWS: José Andrés to open in the Big Apple

This just in (via Feast and then Grub Street), José Andrés states in an interview with Alex Vallis of Feast when asked about the possibility of opening something in NYC:
"New York has been calling me for many years. It will be the right time. We’re trying to see when we are opening the next restaurant. I don’t have the space yet but I’m working on an American concept restaurant for anywhere that we find the right place. I open a restaurant as an intellectual approach to my work. I like to say I don’t open restaurants to make money; I open restaurants to tell a story. I love to go to New York and see my friends and get inspired. I don’t know when this opportunity will present itself. It will happen before I’m 45."

No comments:

Post a Comment