Pages


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This Little Piggy is wired on Irving Farm's Ethiopian Yrgarcheffe Ambassa Blend


A few weeks ago while following my Twitter feed, I saw a post by @IrvingFarm about the release of one of their new blends, Ethiopian Yrgarcheffe Ambassa. The tweet read, "EthiopianYrgarcheffeAmbassa amazing brew Bright, clean taste. citrus, wine like and fruityw/a touch of chocolate and honey"... Sound interestingly amazing to anyone else?  I thought so, which is why I needed to try it ASAP and let you all know what I thought.  The wonderful people at Irving Farm were kind enough to send over a beautiful package of the blend just in time for my Saturday morning cup of joe.

I opted to receive it whole bean in order to maintain as much flavor as possible until drinking time.  As soon as I opened the bag, a delicious aroma of coffee perfection arose, taking me by surprise and giving me that "nothing wakes you like the smell of coffee" feeling.  After freshly grinding the beans, I used my bf's trusty Bodum French Press and waited for it to brew.  My thoughts...?  It was delicious!  I am not sure I tasted the citrus as much as the chocolate and honey, but I 110% agree that it is an "amazing brew"!  It tasted exactly like one hopes coffee will taste.  Rich in color and flavor, slightly creamy, not burnt ( a la Starbucks style).  I have fallen so in love with this coffee I can barely stand sharing it.  I bring it over to my bf's apartment when I know I'll be staying the night and promptly return it to my bag in the morning, not knowing quite what I will do if I forget it when I go home.  Seriously, I do this, you can ask him.  It sort of makes me feel ridiculous, but I don't care.  It's worth it!


And if the sound of this coffee makes you as excited to order some as it should... it gets better.  Irving Farm (who also provided this wonderful photo) uses direct trade whenever possible to get the best quality and price from their coffee farms.  That means not only should you feel happy and awake from drinking it, you should also know that your purchase of these delightful beans is also benefiting the farmers who helped bring it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment