Pages


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1 Star for The Breslin

I've been itching to try The Breslin for the past few months and was glad to read Sifton's review this morning in the Times.  My favorite quote from the article,
"Yes, the food is good. But it is monochromatically good: it is 10 colors of fat. Excess can become wretched, and fast. It’s cool to hook up with the Breslin, especially if you’re lucky enough to sit in one of the semiprivate nooks near the open kitchen. But we should see other people. It would be death to be a regular there. "
- Sam Sifton on the The Breslin

I must admit, after reading about the hipster-heavy atmosphere, I'm a little less excited about the experience, though I definitely would still like to try their pig's foot... asap.  More to come on The Breslin.... Oink.

No comments:

Post a Comment