Pages


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This Little Piggy & The Wandering Foodie go to Tea Box Café

Hey Eaters!  Sorry I've been so bad about posting lately.  You can thank The Wandering Foodie for this post (he was my inspiration).  I joined Hagan last Friday for lunch.  He left the restaurant up to me (lots of pressure) and since I knew Takashimaya was closing in June, I figured maybe we should try the Tea Box Café.  I'm not going to go entirely into depth about this, since Hagan did a fine job with his post, but I will add a few things.  I'm certainly glad we went, though I am not sure I need to go again before it shutters.  The space was nice, minimalist.  I love Japanese decor.  The food was also good, though nothing to write home about.  I was actually fairly surprised, but I guess I had high expectations.  It certainly wasn't bad and I definitely enjoyed the pressed rice sandwiches, which came with smoked salmon and cucumber.  As Hagan mentioned, they reminded me of the onigiri I recently tried while visiting Mitsuwa in New Jersey (one of the only reasons to go to that fine State).  This market is fantastic!  It has an awesome "food court" with everything from udon to sushi.  The best thing about the Mitsuwa, though, was probably that I couldn't read a thing.  It made shopping so much more of an adventure.

Anyways, in a nutshell I thought Tea Box Café was good, but not amazing.  I'm glad I made the trip, though won't cry when they close.  Oink oink!

ps. the tuna and ume onigiri were insanely good!

pss. don't forget to check out Hagan's review and pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment