Pages


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This Little Piggy Watches No Reservations (religiously)

Share photos on twitter with TwitpicI have been really bad about keeping you abreast of my thoughts on this seasons No Reservations, so I figured why not provide a brief summary since I'm bored out of my mind right now.  Let me first say, this remains my favorite show on television and I think the season has been pretty darn good thus far, minus a few things I'd get rid of, specifically this "good Tony v. bad Tony" marketing thing they've been doing.  It's dumb and in terms of marketing, it has only annoyed me during commercials.  Other than that, I truly enjoyed his trip to Istanbul and the Brittany.

I was also surprised how much I liked the episode on Obsessions, where Tony elaborated on his love of pig (shown above in a twitpic from @NoReservations).  This was also the episode where he featured the Black Label Burger at Minetta Tavern, Terrance Brennan of Artisanal, and Dave Pasternack, the fish guy from Esca.  Additionally, he met with three food bloggers, Jason Perlow of Off the Broiler, Steve Plotnicki of Opinionated About Dining, and Steven Shaw, founder of eGullet.org.  He also met with Ron Cooper of Del Maguey Mezcals, an interesting guy who I also had the pleasure of meeting on Saturday at Astor.  In a nutshell, I felt like this was a nice change (not that I have a problem with the location based themes) from the normal episodes.

This post really isn't doing the show justice but unfortunately, I have to run.  Who knows, maybe I'll add more later, but for now... this is all you get.  Oink!

No comments:

Post a Comment